Mr. James D. Ross, GRI
Title: ASSOCIATE BROKER
Specialties: Development, Industrial, Office
1015 Mumma Road, 2nd Floor
Phone: (717) 731-4515
Fax: (717) 761-3869
Download Contact Info
Print This Page
Scope of Service Experience
With over 40 years experience, Jim Ross has become one of Harrisburg's most skilled negotiators. His expertise, though well versed in both sale and lease transactions, is in the language and knowledge of complicated leases, financing packages and investment analysis. He is also sought after for his knowledge and experience with zoning and land development.
University of Pittsburgh, BA Political Science
Graduate level governmental finance courses
Background & Experience
|Associate Broker affiliated with NAI CIR since 1977, Jim Ross has been in real estate brokerage since 1971. Jim has gained extensive knowledge of zoning and land development from both his long experience with real estate investors and a government perspective of zoning and land development as a past elected Susquehanna Township Commissioner. Possessing the knowledge and understanding from both sides of the transaction, he provides an unsurpassed service to his clients. He is known for his integrity, work ethic and dedication to this industry. Jim also serves on the Board of Directors of General Trade Corporation, a basic resource material handling company based in Braddock, PA (suburban Pittsburgh) and as Senior Managing Director of Gulf Trading & Transport, LLC.
Jim Ross has also enhanced his value by serving the community, contributing his time and energy to many charitable organizations. Though too many to mention them all, currently he dedicates his time to:
-Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS Professional Standards Committee
-Ashler, Inc. - nonprofit supportive organization to Families United Network, Inc.-Board Member and Vice Chairman
-Gaudenzia DELTA Community-Chairman of Advisory Board
Some former volunteer nonprofit activies include:
- Adjunct Professor of Real Estate-Harrsiburg Area Community College
- Families United Network, Inc. (Co-founder, former Chairman for 10 years and former Board Member) a nonprofit state-wide foster care agency that also offers a residential treatment center for teenage children and adoption services.
-DELTA Community, Inc. (Co-founder, first President and Board Member) A local nonprofit transitional housing and life skills management program for single parent homeless families)
- Central PA Friends of Jazz, former Vice President and Board Member
- West Shore Chamber of Commerce, former Vice President and Board Member
Professional Affiliations & Designations
|- NAI Global Top Producer Award in Secondary Markets (2006)
- Member of NAI Global Industiral, Investment and Office Councils
- Graduate, REALTORS Institute (GRI)
- Licensed PA property and casualty insurance producer
- International Factoring Institute Graduate (CFS)
- Involved with numerous local chambers and economic and developmental organizations, NAR, PAR and Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS. In 2012 he achieved REALTOR Emeritus status for membership in NAR, PAR and GHAR for over 40 years.
|- Exclusive representation of University of Pittsburgh PA Child Welfare Training Program since 2001 for over 13 transactions statewide, including 40,000 SF build to suit leased headquarters in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Representation of Comcast for multiple leases and dispositions in Central PA.
- Reprresentation of Harrisburg Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg for sale of Prince of Peace school.
- Representation of HARSCO Corp for the sale and lease of over $5,000,000 of warehouse, office and commercial properties.
- Exclusive representation of International Paper Co. in Central PA, which resulted in over 2,136,000 SF of industrial and office space transactions
- Representation of Commerce Bank and its successor, Metro Bank, for disposition of properties in Central PA.
- Representation of Members 1st FCU for multiple dispostions in Central PA.
- Exclusive representation of Mellon Bank in Central PA for disposition of 12 surplus properties, including the sale and relocation of the 82,000 SF Harrisburg Regional Headquarters Office.
- Exclusive representation of Wachovia Bank and its successor, Wells Fargo Bank, for dispositions in York and Reading, PA.
- Representation of PFG Capital Corporation for dispositions and acquisitions.
- Exclusive representation of Pennsylvania National Gaming for sale of OTW facility in Muncy, PA.
- Exclusive representation of T&C Plaza Associates for sale of 130,000 SF office building for $13,500,000 in Williamsport, PA to Lycoming County.
- Exclusive representation of General Trade Corporation for acquisition of 187 acre limestone quarry in Blair County, PA.
- Representation of Weaber Lumber for 175,000 SF warehouse acquisition in Lebanon, PA.
- Exclusive representation of Shell Realty, Inc. for disposition of entire City block in York, PA.